There is hope for high school spring sports in 2020!
The MHSAA needs our help by finding overwhelming statewide support. Each of us must talk with our Superintendents, Principals, Athletic Directors, and Michigan representatives, both republican and democrat, to encourage their support.
Talking Points to Support This Initiative
- When it is “safe to play", Play Ball Michigan has developed a flexible plan that supports the renewal of spring sports in 2020.
- The MHSAA had previous plans available that could also be revisited.
- Student athletes have done their job by "staying safe at home".
- It’s time to restore their hope by giving them a modified spring sports season that is thoughtfully and safely implemented.
- Spring sports can resume with any plan that aligns in accordance with the State of Michigan initiative to "Open Our Communities Safely.
Together, WE THE PEOPLE, can work with our state leaders to find a solution for our kids.
We are appealing directly to those of you entrusted with shaping the educational experience of our children. In your vital roles, you are impacting all of our futures. This is one of those moments where authentic leaders emerge and rise up to this historic challenge. Our student-athletes are looking to you for direction and a solution that strengthens their faith that together we all share in the commitment to create the finest comprehensive educational experience possible (academically, athletically and socially). Thank you for your consideration and devotion to our students.
“The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it’s a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good and that could be again.” - James Earl Jones